The CIR group’s Sustainability Report is online on the website www.cirgroup.com
. It was prepared in accordance with the “G4” guidelines published by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). It is the second edition of the Group’s Sustainability Report after the first launched for the year 2015
The main purpose of the CIR group’s Sustainability Report is to further consolidate the dialogue between the group and all its stakeholders with the disclosure of information of a non-financial nature about the environment, ethics and rights, people and the social aspects of the business.
The document, which begins with a letter to the stakeholders from Chairman Rodolfo De Benedetti and Chief Executive Monica Mondardini, contains six chapters: a profile of the group, economic responsibility, responsibility towards customers, responsibility towards people, responsibility towards the community and environmental responsibility. In this second edition the Report was also audited by the company Deloitte&Touche S.p.A.
Some highlights of the 2016 report are as follows:
- economic value distributed: € 2,469.1 million (+2.5% vs 2015);
- economic value distributed to personnel: € 708.5 million (+0.6%);
- employees at year end: 14,329 (+1.3%);
- female employees at year end: 6,744 (+2.3%);
- CIR S.p.A. Shareholders: approximately 9,000;
- greenhouse gas emissions: 187,408 t (-1.2%);
- hazardous waste produced: 9,385 t (-4.5%).