Compagnie Industriali Riunite SpA (CIR) is the holding company of a leading Italian industrial group active in five business areas:
- Energy - electricity and gas
- Media - publishing, radio, television, internet and advertising revenue
- Automotive components - engine and suspension systems
- Healthcare - nursing homes, rehabilitation centres and hospital facilities
- Non-core investments - private equity, venture capital, minority interests and new initiatives
CIR is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange (FTSE Italy Mid Cap index), and is controlled by COFIDE-Gruppo De Benedetti, the holding company in which the brothers Rodolfo, Marco and Edoardo De Benedetti hold a 52% stake.
CIR was founded in 1976 by Carlo De Benedetti, currently Honorary Chairman, who acquired a small tanning business (Concerie Industriali Riunite) and transformed it in a diversified industrial company. Rodolfo De Benedetti is Chairman of both CIR and COFIDE, Monica Mondardini is Chief Executive Officer of CIR.
In 2012 CIR group posted consolidated revenues of over 5 billion euros and with an EBITDA of 308.1 million euros. At the end of 2012 the group had 13,940 employees.