Media - GEDI
GEDI Gruppo Editoriale is the leading publisher of daily newspapers in Italy.
Listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, GEDI publishes the national daily newspapers la Repubblica
and La Stampa
, and the weekly magazine L'Espresso
. It also publishes 14 local daily newspapers
and broadcasts three national radio stations
(including Radio Deejay
). GEDI also operates in the internet sector
and collects advertising
for the group publications and also for some third-party publications. The company’s CEO is Monica Mondardini.
GEDI has organized its activities into five business divisions
- national press: the national daily newspapers la Repubblica, with its supplements, La Stampa, the weekly magazine L'Espresso, four monthly publications and one bimonthly;
- local newspaper: 13 local dailies and one three-weekly paper;
- digital: internet and applications for mobile and new generation devices;
- radio: three national radio stations (Radio Deejay, Radio Capital and Radio m2o);
- advertising (with the company Manzoni).
In 2016 GEDI* had revenues of € 585.5 million, an EBITDA of € 44.7 million and a net income of € 10.4 million.
* 2016 figures refer only to Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso