Media - GEDI
GEDI Gruppo Editoriale is the leading publisher of daily newspapers in Italy.
Listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, GEDI publishes the national daily newspaper la Repubblica
and the weekly magazine L'Espresso
. It also publishes 13 local daily newspapers
and broadcasts three national radio stations
(including Radio Deejay
). GEDI also operates in the internet sector
and collects advertising
for the group publications and also for some third-party publications. The company’s CEO is Monica Mondardini.
GEDI has organized its activities into five business divisions
- national press: the national daily newspaper la Repubblica and its supplements, the weekly magazine L'Espresso, four monthly publications and one bimonthly;
- local newspaper: 12 local dailies and one three-weekly paper;
- digital: internet and applications for mobile and new generation devices;
- radio: three national radio stations (Radio Deejay, Radio Capital and Radio m2o);
- advertising (with the company Manzoni).
In 2016 GEDI* had revenues
of € 585.5 million
, an EBITDA
of € 44.7 million
and a net income
of € 10.4 million.
* 2016 figures refer only to Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso